∞ What's Your Favorite Font
Kris over at Old School Script has a short little post about his new favorite font, Corbel.
A new favorite of mine is Corbel. I love it. It’s funny to try and find the words to describe why. It’s not everyday you try to describe a font. Spacy. Transparent. All I need and nothing more. Simple. Inviting. Not cluttered, not squished. Just right. No showy serifs, just the right amount of curves to make out the letter with a little splash.
I tend to obsess over fonts to the point it can be distracting from actually getting anything accomplished! Personally, I prefer different fonts for different activities. Here are some of my favorites:
- Writing - I pretty much do all my writing in Markdown or LaTex then export to HTML or PDF’s from there. I prefer the monospace font Monaco for this.
- Reading print - Adobe Horley Old Style
- Reading on iPhone/iPad in Instapaper - FF Tisa
- General documents/papers - Cambria, Hoefler Text, and Adobe Caslon Pro
- Email - currently I use Avenir Next
- Blog - Proxima Nova
Link to original post.