A Short Video on the Inventor of the Aeropress
The Aeropress is one of my favorite ways to make coffee for a number of reasons because…
- it makes a great cup of coffee.
- there are an infinite number of ways to brew your coffee.
- it is one of the easiest ways to manually brew coffee when you are traveling.
- it is one of the cheapest ways to manually brew awesome coffee (no special gooseneck kettle, don’t necessarily need a scale, and filters are cheap).
You might think that the Aeropress was created by hipster looking craft coffee connoisseur but it was actually invented by a guy who was just looking for a simple way to create a single cup of coffee in a fast and efficient way. Without further adieu check out this short six-minute portrait on the creator of the Aeropress and then while you are at it read this article from Priceonomics on Alan Adler as well.
[vimeo 137090060 w=500 h=281]
- Traditional Method
- Inverted Method (my favorite)
- World Aeropress Championship (yes, there is a worldwide competition every year for the best Aeropress recipe)
- Aeropress App (iOS)
- Buy on Amazon