I am currently a student at Southern Seminary finishing my Masters. I then hope to pursue a PhD in New Testament. My interests include New Testament studies, hermeneutics (especially theological interpretation (TIS) and early Christian interpretation), and Greek. I am married to my wonderful wife, Jen, who is a constant encouragement and support.
I am a student member of the Society of Biblical Literature (SBL), Evangelical Theological Society (ETS), and the North American Patristics Society (NAPS)
If you would like to subscribe to the blog via RSS click here or if you would rather subscribe via email click here to sign up.
- To help with my own understand of theological matters. Writing is one of the best means in articulating ones own thoughts. By putting my thoughts in the public sphere it forces me to think through matters in a more complete manner.
- Provide relevant book reviews for the audience of this site. This purpose is two fold: 1) Promote interest in subjects/topics that I find of interest 2) Help me think more critically of the books I read.
- Facilitate discussion among other students, scholars, and pastors. I hope that this blog will allow others to add to the conversation between various theological matters.
- Have a diary of my thoughts. Along with the above two reasons I can track my thinking through different ideas for my own personal use.
- New Testament exegesis (particularly the Gospels)
- Intertextuality of the New Testament authors
- Various aspects of the history of interpretation of the Bible
- Patristic hermeneutics
- Early Christianity
- Theological Interpretation of Scripture (TIS)
- Greek grammar and exegesis