Tech, Productivity, Online Education
Double Tap The Back Of Your iPhone To Open the Camera
One of the new accessibility features on iOS 14 is the ability to double (or triple) tap the back of your phone to perform a particular action or, in this instance, run a shortcut.
Go ahead and download this one action shortcut called “Open Camera.” Once you click on the link, you will need to scroll down and choose Add Untrusted Shortcut. If you haven’t added an untrusted shortcut before then review these instructions.
Now, do the following:
- Open Settings
- Scroll down and tap Accessibility (alternatively, you can pull down on the page to search the settings page).
- Tap Touch, which is found in the Physical and Motor section.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Back Tap
- Choose either Double Tap or Triple Tap to run the Open Camera shortcut.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to find your Open Camera shortcut.
- Double tap the back of your phone to open the camera.
If you have any questions, reach out to me on Twitter.